In many areas around the country, for at least part of the year, we rely on our AC units to keep us cool and comfortable. With longer and hotter summers, the strain on these machines becomes even greater. Over time things start to break down the and AC unit may not work as well as it used to. In time, it will stop working completely and need to be replaced. Fortunately, you can rely on flexible lease purchase programs to finance a brand new AC system.
When Is It Time for a Replacement?
How can you know when it is time for an upgrade before you are left for days or weeks sweating without a working AC? Here are some signs that your unit needs to replaced ASAP:
- Age: Nothing last forever and even the best maintained HVAC units last an average of 12 years depending on how much it is used.
- Noises: If there are strange and new noises coming from your AC when it is running or things sound off, then take that as a warning sign.
- Smells: A functioning AC unit will not smell like burnt dust or wires and will not give off any kind of bad smell, so be on the lookout for that.
- Bills: If your energy bill keeps going up despite not using any more power or running the unit more than normal, that is a major red flag.
- Air: If the air flow out of the vents change or the quality of the air in your home drops then things are very wrong with your AC unit.
- Breakdowns: If you seem to be fixing one thing on the unit to have something else go wrong then the entire thing likely needs replacing.
- Outdates: Older models used poorer coolant and materials that can wear out and stop working as well as newer models.
- Renovations: If you are already remodeling your home and working in the area where the AC unit is, it might be worth replacing it as well.
Flexible Lease Purchase Programs Can Help Finance Your Purchase
When you finally do decide to replace your home’s AC unit, it is time to determine how best to pay for it. Many companies offer some sort of financing or payment plans that can help you pay for the new unit in smaller and easier-to-manage payments. Looking for available flexible lease purchase programs and options can help you better know when you should replace your current AC unit with something newer.